UPDATED MAY 6, 2021
Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
We would like you to know that your church is monitoring the global spread of COVID-19, aka the coronavirus. We are reminded in these uncertain times of Jesus's words in Matthew 10:
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
We know that God is with us, that He loves us, and that He will make good on his promise to use everything -- even these current challenges -- for our good. We will, as the body of Christ, continue to share God's Word, encourage one another, and spread His saving message of hope and comfort throughout these troubled times.
Per Utah House Bill 294
, restrictions regarding COVID-19 have been lifted on the state and county levels. As such, we are returning to our pre-COVID practices of worship and Bible study. Adult Bible study will still be offered via Google Meet and the Sunday morning 10:30 am will still livestreamed on youtube.com/lotvlayton and facebook.com/lotvlayton.
We pray that God continue to keep us all safe as we are finally coming out of this pandemic.
Throughout this time, many people around our nation are feeling stress, anxiety, fear, and worry. There are many things in the future that are uncertain, but our faith is sure, and our God will never leave us or forsake us. Let us continue to shine Jesus' light in this darkness, to praise God, "who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4
More Words of Comfort from our Lord
- The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
- The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
- No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:37-38)
More of God's Word during COVID-19
For more of Jesus’ voice during this time, check out the following resources that come from people within our national church body, the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). Many of them are updated frequently. So, continue to click the links to see what’s new.
Free digital editions of…
More Information About COVID-19
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Website
Utah Department of Health
Davis County Health Department
Layton City News Updates
Utah Mental Health Resources During COVID-19
Utah Organizations and Agencies to Help with COVID-19