|UPDATED MARCH 28, 2020
Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
We would like you to know that your church is monitoring the global spread of COVID-19, aka the coronavirus. We are reminded in these uncertain times of Jesus's words in Matthew 10:
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
We know that God is with us, that He loves us, and that He will make good on his promise to use everything -- even these current challenges -- for our good. We will, as the body of Christ, continue to share God's Word, encourage one another, and spread His saving message of hope and comfort throughout these troubled times.
In response to recent federal, state, and local government recommendations and out of concern for the well-being of our members and others in our community, our congregation will be implementing the following changes, effective until further notice:
- Worship Services will be online only. You can access this through our Facebook page or YouTube channel on Sunday morning at or after 10:30 a.m. MT. Worship folders containing the order of worship and hymns are available HERE. Please share these links with friends, family, and others who may not currently be able to gather together with others to hear God's Word.
- Bible class will be conducted through our live streams on Facebook and Youtube at 9:15 a.m. MT on Sunday mornings (currently studying the book of Daniel). The Sunday evening Bible Information Class will meet at 6:30 p.m. MT via Skype.
- Catechism Class will be conducted via Skype at 7:00 p.m. MT on Wednesday evenings.
- Lutheran Recovery Group will meet online on Tuesday nights at 7:00 p.m. MT. Please contact Faith York (920-691-2332; firstname.lastname@example.org) for further instructions.
- All other activities normally held at church are currently canceled or postponed, including choir practice, arts & crafts, potlucks, men's group, AA, and special needs worship service.
- As the church continues to operate, so we will also continue to need your offerings. The best way to give right now is electronically, which you can do from our website HERE or from the GivePlus app from Vanco. Contact our Financial Secretary, Ben Heidfeld (email@example.com or 435-740-0643) for any help you need or for alternative giving options.
- We will be continue to join together in prayer via our prayer chain. Click HERE for information on how to subscribe to the emails or request a prayer.
- Church leadership will be in contact with member families in the coming weeks to see how we can continue to serve you throughout this time. With Governor Herbert's "Stay Safe, Stay Home" dirrective, Pastor Klein will now only be doing home visits on an "as needed" basis. Please call, text, or email to set up a visit. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: 385-319-1026)
Over the coming weeks, many people around our nation will be feeling stress, anxiety, fear, and worry. There are many things in the future that are uncertain, but our faith is sure, and our God will never leave us or forsake us. Let us continue to shine Jesus' light in this darkness, to praise God, "who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God." (2 Corinthians 1:3-4
More Words of Comfort from our Lord
More Information About COVID-19
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Website
The President's Coronavirus Guidelines
- The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
- The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1)
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
- I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
- No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:37-38)
Utah Department of Health
Davis County Health Department
Layton City News Updates